My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I love it, I love it not.



I love freshly-cut roses sitting in my window sill. I do not love chicken poo on my porch.


I love cold, windy days. I do not love shallow kitchen sinks.


I love the yellow leaves falling from my apricot tree, eating things I didn’t have to prepare, and lounging in my cozy bed.


I do not love wearing pants.




PS Don’t worry… I do wear them every day, I just find them (the socially acceptable ones, anyway) restrictive and unpleasant.

1 comment:

  1. Who in this world likes to wear pants? I know I don't. Imagine if we didn't need to follow the rules to be "socially acceptable." We would make a interesting team you and me.

    ReplyDelete