My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Words of Wisdom from Jonah

The other day Jeff took Jonah (age 7)  and Simon (age 4) to Walmart to help him shop for the things they needed for the father and sons campout.

After several isles of "I need" and "I want" and "please Daddy," Daddy started to tune out his "helpers" so he could concentrate on what he came for.

He tuned back in when he heard Jonah giving Simon some very wise counsel.

"Simon, grown-ups stop listening when you ask too much questions."

That was the voice of experience speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment