My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My Angel


The other day I went to  get Eli out of bed in the morning.  I grabbed him and squeezed him and kissed his cheeks.



"Good morning, my Eli!"  I said cheerfully.

He smiled back at me, but he was waiting for a different greeting.

He kept pointing to himself and said "Angel.  Angel."

I corrected my mistake.  "Good morning, my Angel!"  I said, with the same cheerful tone.

That made him happy.  He smiled and nodded and went happily on his way.  I guess I better not mess with that tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment