My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Niagra Falls

Ever since Superman II, Niagra Falls has been on my list of places to visit.  And it was everything I imagined!



We parked on the NY side of the border, and got bracelets that let us ride the trolley all around the park.  I had stepped on a nail a few days before our trip, so that trolley was worth every penny of the $3 per person!


We had brought our passports, so we walked across the bridge to Canada.  We ate lunch while enjoying the beautiful view, and bought some souvenirs.  One of which was a Canada frisbee, which ended up being a huge part of our entertainment on the trip!




Back on the NY side, we went to the Cave of the Winds.  We rode an elevator down to the bottom of one of the falls, and got to feel the power of the wind and the mist down there. It was exhilarating!  We all got soaked, and loved every minute of it!


The stylish shoes they gave us ended up coming in handy for all the lakes and rivers we encountered.








After a great day at the falls, we made a stop at Dairy Queen, and then it was on the road headed west!


1 comment:

  1. Wasn't Cave of the Winds so great?! I'm glad you did it! I love the picture of all of you looking over the falls. Pictures are the best invention ever! Such great story telling.

    ReplyDelete