My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Morning scripture study



This is real life folks.

We wake the boys up every morning to "study the scriptures as a family."

This is what that looks like much of the time.

It's a circumstance that doesn't seem to be within my power to change.

I can either be annoyed with them, making the morning really unpleasant for myself, or I can choose  something different.  This particular morning I chose to be amused.  It felt much better than annoyed.

But I believe in following the prophet.  Here is what President Nelson has promised us:


I promise that as you diligently work to remodel your home into a center of gospel learning, over time your Sabbath days will truly be a delight. Your children will be excited to learn and to live the Savior’s teachings, and the influence of the adversary in your life and in your home will decrease. Changes in your family will be dramatic and sustaining.

I want those blessings for my family, so we will diligently work toward that goal.  We will keep getting up and keep praying and keep reading.  And we will watch for the blessings that are surely coming to our family.  I hope we're awake to enjoy them. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment