My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Poof!

 

This morning I asked Jonah where he put the camera after playing with it yesterday.

“I put it right dere on da counter, and den POOF!  It disappeared!”

So until the camera with all of my pictures on it magically reappears, and I feel fairly confident that it will, here is my thought for the day…

The Book of Mormon says :

“And ye will not suffer your children that they… transgress the laws of God, and fight and quarrel one with another… but…ye will teach them to love one another and to serve one another.”  Mosiah 4:14-15

But how?  How will I do that?  I need more information!

1 comment:

  1. What you gotta do... is get a saint of a wife who will give up everything to raise six near perfect children. Then when you come home from work you can listen to the seagulls say "Mom... Mom... Mom...," and realize how great she really is.

    ReplyDelete