My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sick babies

Having a sick baby definitely has it’s downsides.

Goopy eyes and nose, changing runny diapers 5 times a day, whining and crying all day, etc. etc.

But I have to say that when the exhausted baby cuddles up in my lap for a few moments to watch Elmo, (something that he is normally much too busy for) I can’t help but love it just a little bit!

IMG_2935

photo courtesy of Jonah

1 comment:

  1. My youngest and I enjoyed a quiet moment this week as well. The only difference is the show was Super Why, and instead of runny nose a bucket close at hand to catch the contents of his stomach. There is something heart warming about bandaging a boo-boo with a McQueen bandage. It seems the only time I really slow down is when one of them are sick.

    ReplyDelete