My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Thursday, October 7, 2010

1000

Have you ever actually counted to 1000?

DPP_02816

The other day Jonah decided he was going to see if he could do it.  It took us most of the morning.  I say “us” because like it or not, I was a participant.

He followed me everywhere.  Counting.  Counting.  Counting.   Every once in a while he would get stuck on a random number.  “Mom, what comes after 632?” 

A couple of times he had to take a break to eat or brush his teeth or something.  It was my job to remember where we left off.

I kept waiting for him to get bored or tired, but… nope!  He finished just in time for afternoon kindergarten.

Way to go Jonah!

No comments:

Post a Comment