My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Enjoying

IMG_8449

I woke up this morning with a touch of the stomach flu.  Just enough to make me feel yucky, and to prevent me from accomplishing things.

I was crabby, because what I really needed to be doing was cleaning up after our riotous weekend.  Not sitting on the couch in my PJs. 

Then I remembered my one-word New Year’s Resolution.  ENJOY.   To quote  myself   “I will choose to do the things that I enjoy.  And, since that is not always possible,  I will choose to enjoy the things that I must do.”

So what did I do?   I put on a cozy robe, made myself some chicken noodle soup, put it in a cute mug, and sat down in the rocking chair.  If I’m gonna be sick, I might as well do my best to enjoy it, right?

It worked, by the way.  I feel much better.

1 comment:

  1. The only thing that could have made it better was a foot massage... right?

    ReplyDelete