My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Seattle

Jeff and I wanted to visit Lindsey (and Preston, I should add,) in Seattle before she moves in June.  So we left all the kids with Sarah and my Mom – bless their hearts- and took off!

Lindsey was a great hostess/ personal tour guide. She even provided us with lovely, sunshiny weather, which I hear is pretty hard to come by!

_MG_7059

We visited the famous Pike’s Place Market, and ate the yummy homemade doughnuts.  We sampled lots of fun things, and took home some delicious rosemary-garlic pasta!

_MG_7042

We toured the underground of Seattle.

_MG_7083

We got to ride on a ferry, and tour some gorgeous countryside!

_MG_7122_MG_7196

We saw beautiful Snoqualmie (sp?) falls, and got caught in a little hail storm.

_MG_7403

We took some “couples pictures,” as proposed by Lindsey.  First Jeff and I…

_MG_7426

Then Lindsey and I…

_MG_7428 

We Tiptoed Through the Tulips at the annual tulip festival.

_MG_7529

It’s too bad I can’t include all of the pictures. Jeff really got some great ones!  It’s interesting though… as much as I loved all the entertainment, and the new sights, they weren’t the highlight of the trip.  For me, the best part of the trip was getting to sleep in every day.  I rested when I felt like it.  I ate when I felt like it, and didn’t have to worry about any responsibilities for a couple of days.  What a treat!

It sure was nice to get home though, to my wonderful kids.  It’s nice to be missed and loved and needed!

1 comment:

  1. be still my heart! When Brandon and I were first married, we lived in Seattle. Bainbridge Island, specifically. So we rode the ferry every day! thanks for the happy pictures..good times.

    ReplyDelete