My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Josh

Here are a couple of quick pics from Josh’s 10 yr. old birthday party.

IMG_0957

He is all sweaty after having a super fun air-soft war with his friends.  The girls have a hard time understanding why boys would like to celebrate by inviting people over to shoot each other.  I have stopped trying to relate, and decided to just embrace it!  As long as they don’t ever shoot at me!

IMG_0941

He has some great friends, and they seemed to have a really good time.  Even his cousin Alston got to be there!

Some things about Josh at age 10:

His smile lights up his whole face

He never walks anywhere!  He is always running, jumping, or sliding.  Consequently… he stubbs his toes all the time, poor guy.

He likes to give his mom hugs, and misses the days when he was little enough to curl up in my lap.

He LOVES basketball.  He is willing to practice hard, and it has really paid off!  He is a great player, and I love that he has a smile on his face all through every game.

He is thoughtful.  He is aware of others feelings, and tries to make sure everyone feels included.

He goes through books faster than I do, which is really saying something!

I sure love you Josh!

No comments:

Post a Comment