My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Thousands of words

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then I’m going to save myself the trouble of writing and just post some pictures of what has been going on around here lately.

IMG_5939

Eli got a handsome haircut.  He officially looks like a Davis boy with a buzz cut.

IMG_5940

Jonah checking to see how much he has grown.

IMG_6188

Simon does “boy school” with 3 of his neighborhood friends:  Kade, Mazden and Tigger.  They rotate houses 3 days a week.  Not a lot of “school” happens, but it’s lots of fun!

IMG_6193

Simon likes to comb his hair up in the front every day, so it will look “cool like Caleb’s.”

 

Jeff and his brother Doug took 9 kids to the lake!  Now that is the definition of a real man (I guess I should say real men, plural)  in my book!

_MG_0976

Caleb and Connor Payne cooked the burgers, while Jonah waited anxiously.

_MG_0963

Playing with Audree and Olivia on the shore.  Good thing I insisted that Jeff let me pack a change of clothes for Simon “just in case his pants happen to get wet.”

_MG_1002

Cute 3 year old cousins Grant and Clark.

_MG_1117

Riding behind the boat.  Olivia, Audree and Jonah.

_MG_1192

Caleb and Josh.  I think Connor was in the middle there…  ?

IMG_1265

My cute little Eli.  Just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment