Today was not all peaches and cream… I’m not gonna lie. But there were several moments in the day when I felt a deep, peaceful joy as I noticed the little details of my life.
1. Getting the best parking spot at Walmart first thing in the morning. I tell my kids that’s a good omen.
2. Josh’s face during his basketball game. He just beams with happiness the whole time he’s playing.
3. My clean kitchen windowsill – yesterday’s project.
4. Watching Jonah teach Simon how to play four square out back – just past the yellow pecan tree.
5. Discovering a beehive in one of our peach trees. It’s fascinating! And I’m not sure why, but somehow it makes me feel connected to nature. (It’s not like I’m actually doing any of the work!)
6. Making a big pot of potato broccoli cheese soup. It hit the spot tonight, and I even made a double batch so I could freeze some for later. (patting myself on the back)
7. Putting new superhero pajamas on little boys fresh out of the bathtub.
8. Reading “Frosty the Snowman” to the kids. It has been a tradition to read a Christmas book every night in December, but as the kids get older and busier, it gets harder and harder to squeeze in.
9. Hearing the hum of the dishwasher (which is actually kind of loud and annoying) after everyone is tucked in bed.