My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Monday, January 23, 2017

Busy day




A couple of days ago Eli climbed in my bed early in the morning.  He was being pretty still, but I could tell the wheels in his head were turning.  Pretty soon he let out a sigh.

"I have lots to do today."

Oh yeah?  What do you have planned? I wondered

"I have to build dis sing (this thing) with my legos," which he went on to describe in detail.

He also described a "sing" to tape on his leg that would hold his sword.

Before long he decided to get up and get working.

I love how his mind is always working!







No comments:

Post a Comment