My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to Savannah

Yesterday Savannah turned 11.  I’m so glad she was born!

IMG_2982

Savannah has always been such a happy girl.  She has a great big smile that is contagious, and loves to make others happy.  When she was a little girl I secretly wished that I had given her the middle name of Joy… because she spread joy wherever she went.

She still does.  She has a hilarious sense of humor, and uses it to create some fun times in our family.  Often at night I have to close the bedroom door because the girls are in their room giggling so loudly that I can’t sleep!

She is a girl with many talents and a love for learning.  She is an excellent student and especially loves writing.  Other interests (and talents) include playing the piano, synchronized swimming, and cooking.  She’s so fun to teach, because she honestly loves to learn new things!

4554710617_7f6c6733fd_m

I can always count on Savannah to notice when I need help.  As soon as I start getting overtired or cranky, she steps in without being asked and knows just what to do.  She  has even scheduled every Wednesday afternoon to be a play-with-Jonah day.  What a sweet big sister!

I am lucky to have such a wonderful daughter!  I love you Savannah!

1 comment:

  1. She is a sweet and wonderful girl....I love her...give her a kiss for me.

    ReplyDelete