My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Snow

The day after Christmas we went up to the cabin to play in the snow.

It was the PERFECT snow for a snowman!

_MG_3114

They rolled and packed, scraped and patted.  Jeff and Uncle Tommy worked together to get the gigantic snowballs stacked on top of each other, and then they shaped and molded some more.

 _MG_3121_MG_3123

Some took breaks for eating snow, or throwing it at each other.

_MG_3124 _MG_3130

_MG_3135

The girls accessorized him, and even gave him “the smolder.”

_MG_3131

He turned out to be quite the ladies man.  And boy were the girls mad when Uncle Ryan pulled out his air soft gun to “decorate” him!

_MG_3127

I spent a little time with Simon outside sledding, but most of the time was spent cozy in the cabin with the little ones.

_MG_3207 

The kids all came in for a lunch and hot chocolate break, but then went right back out.  What a perfect snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment