My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Checklist

This post is a sort of self-help/therapy session for myself.  You don’t have to read it if you don’t want to.  I need to make a checklist of the things I did today.  All I can see so far are the things that I didn’t do.

  • read my scriptures/pray
  • exercised
  • got myself dressed- complete with make-up
  • celebrated a friend’s birthday
  • was consistent with time-outs for Simon
  • made my bed
  • planned my meals for the week
  • completed Josh’s enrollment packet for online school
  • did math with Josh
  • helped Jonah with “homework”
  • made 3 trips to the school
  • drove synchro carpool
  • went grocery shopping
  • put away groceries
  • cleaned out the fridge
  • read “Brown Bear, Brown Bear” multiple times
  • helped make lego cars
  • helped boys clean their room
  • ate dinner with my family
  • cleaned the stove-top
  • changed several diapers
  • answered emails
  • kissed my hubby lots
  • voted

I’m feeling a little bit better.  It looks like a lot when I write it down. 

The other day Jeff and I were talking about how we are in the season of life that seems to be all about “Juggling.”  It seems to me that it’s ok if I have a hard time juggling.  The important thing is to make sure I’m only trying to juggle the most important “balls.”  Sometimes that’s hard to know.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Now that was a day. If I had to list what I accomplished on the same day, it would look pretty lame. It looks like you chose very important things to do with your day!

    ReplyDelete