My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Saturday, November 27, 2010

A new word

Jonah has invented a new word.  Degreement.  It can be used interchangeably with the word temperature.  I’ll use it in context for you.

Mom:  Jonah, you can take off your sweatshirt if you’re hot.

Jonah:  I’m not hot, Mom.  I’m not hot in my degreement, and I’m not hot for a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment