My inspiration for this record of my days:

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” -Anna Quindlen

Friday, November 12, 2010

Hold You

The phrase is actually pronounced more like “ho joo,” but it’s one of my favorites.  How could I possibly resist this little guy following me around, jumping up and down saying “ho joo!  ho joo!” ?

It gets me every time.

IMG_4179

Even when it’s less than convenient.

2 comments:

  1. And in his right hand, it looks like he is holding . . . ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of my favorite phrases from my little Sarah. Enjoy it! She just recently outgrew that one. It's bitter sweet as their communication grows up.

    ReplyDelete